Thursday, April 26, 2007

Day 3: Lewes, Delaware


I just received an update from Jim. In part, he writes:











Got a late start this morning. It was near 9:00 when
I regained conciousness. Cape May was only 58ish
miles (counting a ride to the southern tip and a
circle around town and then back to the ferry. I
reached Cape May around 3:00 so I decided to go
straight to the 4:15 boat.

Riding with the wind most of the day was a pleasure.
20mph as long as I was headed south or SW.
Occassionally I had to go back east after a bay or
inlet crossing, and that meant east, straight into the
ocean wind. The few miles north to the ferry were the
worst of the day, and waiting for the boat, the wind
could blow over an over-packed bike.

As I came off the boat, the warm, sunny day had turned
cloudy and cold. I stopped to look for my DE cue
sheets (still haven't found them, but DelMarVa is an
easy route) and a cyclist came by and asked if I
needed help. He took me about six miles to route 1,
where I stopped at a Hampton Inn. I had set up some
"Beds" in Rehoboth area, but it was a little too gray
and uncomfortable. Rehoboth beds are on tomorrow's
schedule anyway, and I'm a day ahead of myself.

I'll take another pic of my bike tomorrow. I took one
on the ferry car deck, but it looks a little dark.

Yesterday in AC a very helpful Cyber cafe man reduced
the resolution of yesterday's pics as I have not yet
made an adjustment. Tonight. So, the photos I want
to send now are each about 1.5 mb. I'm afraid Yahoo
or your providers won't pass them through. I'm going
to attach one here and individual views in a few more
emails next. Thanks for following me. I love you all
very much.

J

Miles logged today:
Today's ending point: Lewes, Delaware







No comments: