Monday, April 30, 2007

You hook 'em, we cook 'eM
















On his day off, Jim writes:

This is Track McCleary. He's the librarian in VA
Beach. We had lunch together. Now, don't judge this
librarian by his cover. He showed me his truck with
kayak on top. His father was Chian (Cheyenne?) Indian and
his mom, Cajun. He played with Ritchie Havens, Janis
Joplin and I can't remember every other name he
threw at me. An "Infidel," he's been in virtually
every country in the world and wants me to go to his
home tonight to send these photos and meet his wife
and kids.

This is not only the most interesting person I've met
this tour, he's the most interesting person I've met
in years.

Bike should be ready at six. Back to the beach till
then. Great Veggie Chile for lunch followed by half
of Track's Mex Melt (Swiss, avocado, jalapenos,
tomatoes, onions on pita.) Amazing.

3 comments:

Frank Avellino said...

Hi Jim
Frank Avellino here, your BCP Ushering Capt. Val tells me you're on a bike trip to Florida. That's the most inventive reason for not ushering I've ever heard. Seriously, though, what an adventure. I'm amazed and in awe of your commitment, courage and endurance! I have an even greater respect for you! Best of luck, enjoy the sites, and be careful - oh and watch out, turtles can bite nasty hard!
Frank

Our Hero said...

Now that the cat is out of the bag and you know about the blog, I hope you like it!!! It's been fun to keep updated with all of your wonderful stories & photos. Keep 'em coming.

Stay safe and ride with the wind.

Don't forget to eat your protein.

Love,
Michelle

Track said...

I feel very luck to have made your aquaintence today at the library, and we enjoyed your visit to our humble abode tonight. I wish you well on your journey, I hope to do something similar in a few years, but will approach it in baby steps...today around town, june to raleigh, someday around Virginia. Keep the posting coming, rubber side to the road and watch the cagers....don't let 'em sneak up on ya!! Enjoy the trip...and watch for that golden thread that connects us all.