Saturday, May 5, 2007

Day 12: Wilmington, NC















Today's update from Jim:

I think it's day ll on tour and day 10 in the saddle.
Forgot to admit back in Kitty Hawk that I bought a
jell saddle cover in K-Mart. I always thought they
were for gym gals, but it's been a real buttsaver.

71ish yesterday and again today. Jimmy Griffin and
I rode around Camp LeJeune, through Jackson (ville?)
and to Wilmington, NC. Wilmington claims lots of
history and a great ocean beach, so I'm strongly
considering a rest day here after cycling 62, 62, 71, and 71
miles, respectively.

Still having trouble finding computers that allow
camera hookups, so nothing attached here. If I get
this one or another to work, I'll send a bunch to
Michelle for Snapfish. Today was very unphotogenic.

Yesterday it rained a lot here, but I usually rode
into town after the rain. The bike got sooo gritty I
had to wash it in the tub. Today pretty much the
same, but I did get wet about five miles from the
hotel. Took the bike across the highway and used a
hose at a gas station.

Flat tire today. Punctured as I hit something on
an overpass. Overpasses seem to collect crap that
otherwise would eventually end up in the storm
ditches.

That's all for now. More to come.

J

No comments: