Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Day 15: Myrtle Beach

Another post from Jim tonight, on his adventures in Myrtle Beach:

I feel like I'm in a time warp and can't get away from
Myrtle beach. Even though it will be only two days, I
will actually have gone to bed three times, once in
the dump and twice here.

Another mechanical. As wonderfully as I reported
my gearing was working after NC, this evening after a
short ride this afternoon to the Myrtle beach State
park east of Business Rt 17, I discovered that I was
unable to shift down into my two lowest gears. Arghh!

I had made no adjustments at all, so I don't
understand it. I located Rick Hussey's "Bike Shop" at
711 Broadway in MB. He seems quite professional but
it was then 5:45, and he would close at 6:00. He
opens at 8:00 am, which is unusual for bike shops, and
promised to work on it first. He's almost 30 blocks
away, and I've seen no buses, so i guess I walk
again.

I ate dinner at Captain D's on
King's Highway on the way home and stopped at Krispy
Kreme (who couldn't) both also on King's Highway (Rt.
17 business). I'm thankful that I'm in a nice hotel
and that, you know.

Love you all (or y'all)

J

1 comment:

Valerie Dolan said...

Hi Jim,
Don't worry you will evenually leave Myrtle Beach. Can't believe your progress. You are amazing.

Love and miss you,
Val