Thursday, May 10, 2007

Day 16: Georgetown, SC.

The latest update from Jim:

Hello all:

In Georgetown after only a 32 mile leg. Actually
rode closer to 35 or 36 because I took a side trip
into Huntington State Park (off Rt 17) and a ride
through Georgetown to check out the town and the
hotels before checking into the one Jimmy reserved for
me. His is the best, and they gave him a great
discount.

Jameson Inn, 120 Church Street, Georgetown, SC.
Really took my time today. Stopped for coffee and a
handful of oatmeal cookies I just happened to be
carrying. Realized I haven't had icecream since
Maryland. Time.

Today was also a fast trip because the wind was
behind me. Those several days when I fought to hold 9
mph were replaced by delightful 18, 19 and 20 mph
stretches.

I can't dawdle tomorrow, because it's a 60 mile
leg. There are no hotels or services, so I'm going to
stock up at the Food Lion before leaving town. The
wind should continue to be at my back, but it's a
pretty straight road with only trees on both sides.

I contacted my Charleston connection the other day
but haven't heard from him. If he doesn't come
through I'll have to hotel shop. I'd like to stay a
few days, and the hotels are said to be expensive.

Having trouble getting past this computer's
security, so I'll try to send pics later.

J

No comments: