Sunday, May 20, 2007

May 18 Update

Update from Jim, sent on May 18:

Writing from the Pirate Haus Hostel in St Augustine.
Arrived 3ish after 59 miles from Amelia Island.
I had a great ale from a micro brewery after a hot
shower. St Augustine is interesting to walk around.
Great buildings large and small and all old.

Amazing tail wind today, 18, 19 mph. It's so easy
to fly, I'm constantly tempted to continue to raise my
gearing and fly faster, but that does require a
little extra effort, and I have to keep reminding
myself that this is supposed to be fun. Still having
tire trouble. Got another new tube in Jacksonville.
I'll change it tonight, but there's a problem in the
rear that I can't diagnose. Fortunately it's a slow
leak, so a repump every eight miles or so got me here.

Nice bike shop in Jacksonville gave me a tube. I'll
supply his name next email for incorporation into the
blog. He said it was pay forward for all the help he
got on tour.

Unable to send photos here. I'll try the library.

Love to all,

J

No comments: