Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Day 15: Strange Days Indeed

Heard from Jim. He writes:

The past 24 hours have been strange.  Checked into
what appeared to be a decent motel but turned out to
be far from. So nasty that I felt creepy all night.
Separated myself from the tissue thin sheet with the
saved-your-ass, Valerie, Yellow Rain Jacket. Awoke at
2:30 and could no way sleep again. A peek out the
window showed that sub-tropical storm Andrea had wet
Myrtle beach and probably the next leg to Georgetown.
Rose at 4:00 and decided I had had it with the
park-Whatever Motel. I intentionally left out the
details. Packed up and rode to the nearest pancake
house which didn't open til 6:30, so I had coffee at a
service station, snapped on my flashing taillight and
headed south, sans Jimmy. Have you noticed "Service
Stations" no longer offer service? And, if a lawyer
is an "Attorney At Law", what else could he be an
attorney at? Certainly no one here to ask!

I checked a few hotels along the way and decided to
ride as long as there were hotels and no rain. Then
the rain came. I checked into the Ocean Park Resort,
which is terrific. I'll sit out the rain.

Took a nap and woke at 11:00. Guess I needed
sleep. And the sun is shining through thin clouds.
Jimmy made it to Georgetown by noon. I'll go early
tomorrow and hope for the same weather pattern.
Meanwhile. . . .relax. Can't get to the locked
computer to send you pics.

J

No comments: