Sunday, May 6, 2007

Day 13: Update

Received the following update from Jim this afternoon:

Been following a route marked for Charles Couralt.
Remember him?

I guess I'm a bit cycle tetched. On my day off, I
rode 16 miles to and around Wilmington. Too bad they
don't count toward Florida.
Wilmington is a "progressive" (read hippy) town.
Enjoyed a long hour at a local (non-tourist) coffee
shop. Cute waitress/PE Teacher/Schoolbus driver
Belle.

Going to try to have the rest of a day off now.
Tomorrow should have winds to our backs. 20 miles to
the ferry then 40 minute ride to Southport. The next
motel could be a little iffy. Possibility to make it
a really short day, stay near Southport, then a long
day to South Carolina on Tuesday???

1 comment:

pattyott said...

Being a Mother, I am very troubled by you lack of "Stranger Danger" Awarness. Please be careful. We are having so much fun living through you. Take Care we love you and maybe think about a trip to California next!