Sunday, May 20, 2007

May 13 Update

Jim's update, sent on May 13:

Made it to Beaufort, SC this evening at 5:00. I found
the day difficult. Stopped many times for nutrition
and water. Even had a can of Nutrement. Foolishly
bought a one pound box of raisins in Charleston and
weighed myself down with it without ever opening it.

As I entered Beaufort (US Rt 21 near Parris Island
and just past Naval Air field) a black sky and wind
buffeted me. Debris and sand pelted me across the
highway. I turned around and went to the last hotel I
had passed, Comfort Inn-Beaufort, 2227 Boundary St,
Beaufort, SC 29902. 843-525-9366.

I showered and quickly put on a bathing suit and
headed for the whirlpool. While I was showering it
had rained and stopped, so my timing was helpful.

I guess I'll see Beaufort tomorrow before I leave
for Savannah. Savannah should be nearer since I made
all those miles today. One of my internet hosts has
come through for Savannah, so I'll save some money
there.

I'm dripping all over the lobby, so I'll come back
later with camera and usb wire and hope to send some
pics.

Love you all,

J

No comments: